Powered by Blogger
Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Renewing Those Vows


If we're going to talk about getting married, why not talk about getting married again, or rather renewing your wedding vows? I love it when people choose to show the world that they're still madly in love years after the fact! Or even one year after the fact.

Think of the things you can do to make the second time around just as special (if not more special) than the first time around. Some suggestions I've seen include:
Finding a special romantic location (a beach, a garden, beside a waterfall, on a cruise ship) and inviting just a few close friends and family.

Have a dinner party and make an imovie from your wedding photos, complete with music.

Write your own vows unique to your situation.

Include your children or pets (or grandchildren) in the ceremony.

Have friends and family share special or fun moments they've shared with you.

Make a timeline/slideshow of your courtship and marriage.

Or...simply make it a personal (just the two of you) romantic restating of your love. And you can do that every day if you like!
What fun! It's like planning your wedding all over again!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Linda Goodnight said...

Oh I would LOVE to do this. We didn't have a wedding and we used to talk about someday renewing and having a big bash. This has me thinking about it again......

May 15, 2008 at 8:56 AM  
Blogger Brandy said...

I would like to do this, in another 5 years on our 20th wedding anniversary. Oh, I can just imagine......

May 15, 2008 at 1:05 PM  
Blogger CrystalGB said...

I love the idea of doing this. My husband not so much.

May 16, 2008 at 6:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I would like to do this in about a year and half on my 25 but I know that hubby wouldn't go for it.

May 17, 2008 at 6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home