Powered by Blogger
Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Monday, May 12, 2008

Dell Shows Up

Dell O'Ryan here, better known as Regina O'Ryan's "convenient" husband or more often as a wealthy blue-blood businessman. But, right now it's the husband part I'm concerned about.

People think that I know it all. I was born to wealth. I was raised to wield power and to run my family's business empire. But the truth is...where my wife, Regina, is concerned, I don't know a thing.

She dropped into my world out of the blue, the type of woman most members of my family would have called a nobody, and to be honest, I mismanaged everything with her from day one. Sure, I married her when my jerk of a cousin left her high and dry, but after that, I more or less ignored her. Because of...other things I'd rather not think about, she's had a heck of an unhappy year, and I thought she'd prefer a simple marriage of convenience with none of the inconveniences of a demanding husband hanging around.

But the end result is that...well, we barely knew each other when we married and we still don't know much more than we did on our wedding day. And now she's having second thoughts about the marriage. That got my attention.

The thing is that I understand why she's having those second thoughts. I'm not at all sure that our marriage stands any chance of surviving. Both of us have solid reasons for not wanting our relationship to become a romantic one, our goals don't even intersect as far as I can tell, and I don't want to harm Regina even more than my family has already done.

Knowing all of that, I probably should just admit that the marriage was a mistake and let her walk away and yet there's just something about Regina that gives me pause. Plus, a man like me doesn't just walk away from a deal without examining every angle. And anyway, shouldn't a man at least know who his wife is before they close the door on their marriage?

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Brandy said...

There's a reason you are pausing. Examine it and be patient.

May 12, 2008 at 7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home