Powered by Blogger
Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Memories For Sale

Our old house is up on the market finally, and though I'm glad to be moved into the new one, I'm also sad to see this one go. Like the very first house we owned, years and years ago, this one has its own set of memories.
After all, it's the first house my son lived in. We brought him home from the hospital to this house, saw him take his first steps there. Had to wallpaper the kitchen because he threw so much food around (he was a very messy eater, LOL). Now the wallpaper is gone, because he's older now, but the footprint of the memories remain.
Our very first house, in Massachusetts, was a money pit, but my husband and I loved it because it was OURS. We sank a ridiculous amount of money and sweat equity into that place, renovating it into what we dreamed. When we sold it, I cried and cried.
I didn't shed tears this time, but I did leave the house the other day with a heavier heart. It wasn't for the last time--that won't happen until someone buys it--but I know the days when I'll walk through that door and remember my kids playing in the yard or running through the living room, or helping me bake cookies at the kitchen counter are numbered.
Some other family will make their own memories in that house, and I hope they have just as many as we have had. We've left behind the playground for the next owners, and staged it with a few toys in the kids' bedrooms, so they can imagine all the fun their children might have.
Meanwhile, we'll be working on making memories in our new place :-)
Shirley

2 Comments:

Blogger Brandy said...

Just think, that house has good feelings that will bless the new owners.

March 11, 2009 at 8:23 PM  
Blogger Shirley said...

I sure hope so, Brandy! And I hope they feel them the minute they walk in...and make an offer, LOL!

Shirley

March 12, 2009 at 2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home