Powered by Blogger
Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Monday, December 8, 2008

Chocolate Diamonds--How Yummy!


Choosing a wedding ring becomes more complicated all the time—but oh what a delicious problem to have. So many diamonds to choose from. And now I’ve discovered an even more delicious type of stone--the chocolate diamond! I’m probably behind the times but I had never heard of chocolate diamonds until a TV ad introduced them to me today. A little research shows such an ordinary beginning for these luscious sounding treasures. In fact, brown diamonds occur naturally and until some very smart jeweler changed their name, they were considered of lower quality simply because of their color. But LaVian and his designers created some fabulous settings, changed the ordinary sounding name (brown) to something that most women find irresistible (chocolate) and soon any number of celebrities were sporting the diamonds around Hollywood. Now the gem is a hot item and likely to get hotter because the only known source for true chocolate diamonds is in a single mine in Australia.

So what do you think? Chocolate or clear? Or a beautiful mix of both?
(Just writing this made me crave Godiva chocolates!--I think the photo below actually looks like a heart-shaped box of candy, don't you?)

3 Comments:

Blogger Brandy said...

Ok, I admit, the first time I saw these I assumed they were man made. That last does kinda look like a heart shaped box of chocolates. *G* Call me old-fashioned but I prefer regular diamonds, although the blue are pretty as well.

December 8, 2008 at 12:34 PM  
Blogger Linda Goodnight said...

From what I've read, they DO make some of them and only Lavian is allowed to use the real ones as "chocolate".

But I agree, Brandy, while I love the different ones, especailly the chocolate idea, the traditional diamond still has my heart.

December 9, 2008 at 8:08 AM  
Blogger Myrna Mackenzie said...

Linda, I have not had my chocolate fix today, so...yum!

And yes, I agree. These are interesting, but I still love the traditional ones best.

December 11, 2008 at 6:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home