Powered by Blogger
Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Friday, October 3, 2008

The Ultimate (But Still Squeaky Clean) Bachelorette Party


The subject of bachelorette parties came up in a conversation the other day (and how difficult it was to plan one). I wondered what the status of bachelorette parties is today, so I did a little research. Here are some ideas that are floating around on the internet:


A sleepover complete with movies from the bride's teen years. Revive some silly girl games (paper fortune tellers, anyone)?


A spa day


Super dress-up evening, princess style, complete with long dresses and super hair. Don't forget the fabulous slippers, outrageous makeup and the pink champagne. Tiaras and cheap costume jewelry, anyone?


Go Broadway, or whatever theater happens to be in your area. Dinner beforehand and dessert after.


Set up a murder mystery. If one of your group is creative, write your own to make it more personal. (Or have each person create her own fairy tale--on paper, via collage or other art..or whatever suits her fancy). Be girlie girls and have a great time.


Go shopping to the most exclusive store you can all afford. This is a once in a lifetime event.


Have a luau.


If you live near a body of water, take an evening cruise or a dinner cruise.


Make it a full weekend getaway if you have time. Take in museums or other local sites.



Play rock stars and have a karaoke evening.


Have a costume party. Make the rounds of the town in disguise.


So, how about all of you? Anyone have any fun or interesting bachelorette stories that can be shared in this G-rated forum? How about other unique ideas you've heard of?

3 Comments:

Blogger Julie Hilton Steele said...

We didn't have a real bachelorette party but I did want to throw out a great idea from my friends. They did a marvelously histerically funny scrapbook of what my life would be like as a married woman, from how "submissive" I would be to hubby to the number of kids etc...They used magazine pages but with the internet and photoshop think of the possibilities now. I pulled it out last year to compare where they "thought" I would be and what actually transpired. Really made me smile especially since even when dating, we had decided to name our kids Adam and Carolyn....those "kids" were in my scrapbook with those names. And now I DO have an Adam and Carolyn.

October 3, 2008 at 3:45 AM  
Blogger Brandy said...

These sound nice. I didn't have a Bachelorette Party. Kinda wish I had! *G*

October 3, 2008 at 1:39 PM  
Blogger Eleni Konstantine said...

We call bachelorette parties - hens nights here is Australia. I do like the ideas you have posted Myrna. Different to the usual going to dance clubs. Though I did go to a comedy club - that was great.

E :)

October 5, 2008 at 2:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home