Powered by Blogger
Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Monday, April 14, 2008

Flowers: The Icing on the Wedding

I love flowers. They're so simple, so easy to understand. Treat them well, and they'll reward you with incredible blooms. Treat them poorly, and they'll show their displeasure in drooping stems, closed petals and discolored faces.

They're like friends. They look great in a group (like my fabulous gal pals at The Wedding Belles ;-), they give you joy just by seeing them, and they never let you down. I see my friends at the Belles like a group of flowers--each one is an individual, a rose, a lily, a mum, a lilac, a daffodil, and of course, there's Belle, the vibrant, effusive and big-hearted sunflower. All together, they look beautiful, and they bring incredible happiness to my life.

Unlike men, who have let me down, especially my ex, who made breaking hearts a part-time job. I'd much rather stick to my flowers, thankyouverymuch, than have anything to do with men. None of that love stuff for me, no way. And if a sexy stranger from my past comes back, I'll just walk away, and resist that handsome face.

I will. :-)

Callie

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, Callie! Don't give up on men. Seriously. As Belle would say, don't let one bad apple spoil it for the rest.

My money is and always will be on love and happily ever after.

Give it a chance! Who knows you might just like it :-)

April 14, 2008 at 8:48 AM  
Blogger ThatBrunette said...

Do you remember the song from Alice in Wonderland about learning a lot of things from the flowers? Yes, flowers do seem to look happy.

Personally, I would rather see a flower in the dirt than cut. It just seems mean to cut such happy looking plants.

April 14, 2008 at 9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Callie,

You deserve flowers and a good man! And even though I'm a lousy poker player at our Friday night get togethers, I'm willing to bet that while there's no Mr. Right in my future, there's a special man out there waiting to find you.

April 14, 2008 at 10:22 AM  
Blogger Myrna Mackenzie said...

Flowers? I desperately want to be a good gardener and I have such a brown thumb!

But I can grow impatiens (and I do). We have too much shade in our yard for much else to survive. Impatiens thrive. I wish there were yellow ones. I adore yellow flowers (rose, mums, daffodils, marigolds...I like them all). If anyone ever cultivates a yellow impatien, I am so right there and ready to plant.

April 14, 2008 at 10:26 AM  
Blogger Brandy said...

Callie, flowers have beauty and fragrance, but are fleeting. Don't give up on finding love!

April 14, 2008 at 1:13 PM  
Blogger Shirley said...

Myrna,

I love impatiens! I plant them every year. They are my favorites. I've tried all other kinds of perennials, but there's just something about those cute little ones that grab me. It's my big Mother's Day project - all I want is to buy my flowers and be left alone to plant them, then be taken out to dinner at somplace casual that lets me wear jeans :-).

Shirley

April 14, 2008 at 1:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the support on love, gals! If true love is out there, let's hope he has a good appreciation for roses and lilies!

Callie

April 14, 2008 at 1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the support on love, gals! If true love is out there, let's hope he has a good appreciation for roses and lilies!

Callie

April 14, 2008 at 1:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

If you find the right man you will be alright.

April 15, 2008 at 4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree if and when you find the right man you will know it and wonder what it was you really felt for the other jerks out there.

April 16, 2008 at 7:22 PM  
Blogger Nathalie said...

The only thing I know about flowers is that they make a wedding a very expensive!

April 29, 2008 at 4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home