Powered by Blogger
Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Groom's Cakes


Can I share a secret with you? My favorite type of cake to make is not the wedding cake itself. It’s the groom’s cake! To me, there is more opportunity to be creative with a groom’s cake because the sky is the limit. Whatever the groom’s interest, hobbies, tastes, or lifestyle is, I can create a cake to go with it. So I thought today, it would be fun to post some fun, creative cakes, all in honor of the man of our dreams—the groom!

Apparently this groom is a zoo keeper. Either that, or he and his bride do a lot of monkeying around!









Is your man a lawyer or in law school? This is the perfect cake for him.




Some folks take their favorite sports' teams very seriously.


Musicians will love this one. I've also seen drum and piano cakes. How fun is that?







How's your golf game? Eat your heart out, Tiger,



Even though he's a gambler, you'll always be his queen of hearts.


A groom's cake for the more intellectual man...
Mate and checkmate










I spared you the Elvis, the Home Depot, the armidillo, and the beer can, but believe me, they're out there! Many brides go for the more traditioinal, elegant offerings such as the one at the top of the post, so whatever your tastes, talk to your cake fairy. I'll bet she can fix you up!
Until later,
Natalie, the cake fairy

























































































































Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger CrystalGB said...

Those groom's cakes are interesting.

July 29, 2008 at 6:25 AM  
Blogger cheryl c said...

Awesome cakes! :-)

July 29, 2008 at 8:56 AM  
Blogger Lily said...

I did not know these existed.

July 29, 2008 at 11:13 AM  
Blogger Julie Hilton Steele said...

I have heard brides say that they are more interested in the grooms cake than the wedding cake because it is so much fun.

Lots of grooms cakes in the long past used to be FRUITCAKE...thank goodness the trend turned toward CHOCOLATE!

Peace, Julie

July 29, 2008 at 1:15 PM  
Blogger Brandy said...

Ha! The Armadillo from Steel Magnolia's was a grooms cake. I wonder where the tradition of a groom's cake started. The chess board was cool!

July 29, 2008 at 1:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh what cool cakes! I have never seen cakes like these.

July 29, 2008 at 3:26 PM  
Blogger robynl said...

I never knew about the groom's cake until a few years ago. I like the idea.

some of these are awesome.

July 29, 2008 at 7:11 PM  
Blogger EllenToo said...

I think grooms cakes are really interesting both in design and in what they made of. As far as I am concerned I would rather have a bite of a grooms cake instead of the bride's cake. Usually much more tasty.

July 29, 2008 at 7:59 PM  
Blogger catslady said...

I didn't know there was such a thing but it's cute.

July 31, 2008 at 8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home