Powered by Blogger
Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A Bridal Veil Postmark

The Post Office knows how important it is for brides to have the perfect stamp for their wedding invitations. That's why the sell a "Love" stamp.

Some brides, however, want to go a step further with those special touches, and if one of them is fortunate to live in the Portland Metro area, a forty minute or so drive will take them to a small town off I-84 called Bridal Veil. There's a waterfall called Bridal Veil, but there's also a small post office. And here, brides can have their wedding invitations postmarked...Bridal Veil.

If you want to read about a bride named Kirby who drove out to Bridal Veil check out this live journal entry. A big thank you to Kirby for allowing me to use her photo in this post!

If you want to read more about Bridal Veil, here's an article for you.


Would (or did) you go out of your way for those extra little touches? If so, what are (were) they?

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Dru said...

that is so cute.

June 25, 2008 at 11:42 AM  
Blogger catslady said...

My daughter did wait until a certain love stamp was available but if it were within reason, I could have seen her going to bridal veil lol.

June 25, 2008 at 12:35 PM  
Blogger Brandy said...

Oh, this is fun! If I had lived near there (Years ago) I would have done that. COOL!

June 25, 2008 at 12:39 PM  
Blogger cheryl c said...

I have never heard of Bridal Veil before, but I can see why it is popular to mail invitations from there. The postmark looks really nice on a wedding invitation!

June 25, 2008 at 12:42 PM  
Blogger Nathalie said...

I never heard of the Love Stamps... that is so cute :)

June 25, 2008 at 1:33 PM  
Blogger robynl said...

I don't believe they were available when I got married or I would have considered them. I think that is so 'wedding like' and so romantic.

June 25, 2008 at 8:52 PM  
Blogger Linda Goodnight said...

There is a LOVE county in Oklahoma where people go to get married just so they can have the word "Love" scrawled across the top of their wedding license. Cute, huh?

June 26, 2008 at 6:23 AM  
Blogger Lily said...

The stamps are just too original!

June 26, 2008 at 3:19 PM  
Blogger Myrna Mackenzie said...

Love stamps? I remember eagerly going to the post office to pick mine up (I wonder if anyone has created a little history of the changes in those stamps).

The postmark is lovely...and romantic. I would definitely have gone for that if I'd lived close enough.

June 28, 2008 at 5:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home